The Race Series kits feature a split-tapered bushing which expands as preload is added to the assembly ensuring a precise fit. The customer is able to trim the top flange of the bushing based on needs of caster/camber with instructions on trimming. Popular setting for rock crawling/racing is -3* camber, but for those needing adjustment closer to a stock setting a 1.5* bushing is now available!
- 7075 Aluminum Split-tapered bushings with cone washer
- 7/8″ FK Spherical Bearings (F1 Fit) with C Clip
- 4130 Direct-fit cups
- 7/8″ Grade 8 Socket Head Cap Screw (170,000 psi tensile strength)
- 7/8″ Low profile locknut
- Option of 1.5* or 3* caster/camber bushing
- *Marketed as “Offroad Use Only”
Stock lower balljoints see less failures, but are susceptible to “push out.” This happens when a shaft breaks and pushes the joint out the bottom of the knuckle. The lower system uses the same basic design as the upper, with a steel cone to match the tapered hole in the knuckle. The cup is able to be welded on both sides preventing a push-out from either direction.